Our mission is to come alongside parents in teaching the Gospel story to the covenant children of Westminster, equipping them for growth in grace and service in God’s Kingdom.
Children’s Sunday School
The children at Westminster are taught from Great Commission Publication’s “Show Me Jesus” curriculum. Great Commission Publications focuses on consistent, biblical, Reformed teaching. Sunday School is taught from 10:00 to 10:45am each week.
- Toddlers Age 2-3: It is vital to teach children the Bible at an early age. They will be introduced to the basic concept of what Christ has done for his people in a way that they can grasp.
- Age 4-5: God Leads His People—God's thrilling rescue of Israel from Egypt and how the Old Testament points to the Savior.
- Grades 1-2: Obeying God—Stories about the prophets and kings.
- Grades 3-5: God’s Grace in the Law—Applying the Ten Commandments; a study of Exodus including Shorter Catechism for each commandment.
Wednesday Evenings - Pioneer Clubs
At 6:30 to 7:30pm following the Wednesday Night Supper. Age 2 to 5th grade: Word-based and relationship-driven discipleship, leading children into a personal relationship with Jesus and His Church.
Westminster Memory Work
Every child age 2 through 5th grade is encouraged to participate in our revised Scripture memory program. Families will be given passages of Scripture to memorize and a hymn to learn together over several months. In addition, children will be presented age-level memory work that includes catechism, creeds, and other helpful texts for the August to May Sunday School year. We will recognize each child and the memory work they completed in May at our spring choir and Scripture memory celebration service.
Our children's choir, Westminster Singers, is for children grades 1-8.
Visit our Music Ministry page for more information on opportunities for children to worship God in song.
- Young Voices at Westminster: Sunday December 11, 2022, 6:00pm
- Easter Egg Hunt: Saturday April 8, 2023, 10:30am
- Memory Work Recognition / Spring Choir Service: Sunday May 7, 2023, 6:00pm
- Vacation Bible School: Summer Seaquest, June 19-23, 2023, 10am - 1pm daily, lunch provided.