Our mission is to come alongside parents in teaching the Gospel story to the covenant children of Westminster, equipping them for growth in grace and service in God’s Kingdom.
Children’s Sunday School
The children at Westminster are taught from Great Commission Publication’s “Show Me Jesus” curriculum. Great Commission Publications focuses on consistent, biblical, Reformed teaching. Sunday School is taught from 10:00 to 10:45am each week.
- Toddlers Age 2-3: It is vital to teach children the Bible at an early age. They will be introduced to the basic concept of what Christ has done for his people in a way that they can grasp.
- Age 4-5: God Created All Things—Discover the Creator through his Word and his creation.
- Grades 1-2: Living Together—God and his people; stories from Genesis.
- Grades 3-4: Worshiping God—The joys and duties of worship.
- Grade 5: Matthew to John—The life, work , and teachings of Christ in the Gospels.
Wednesday Evenings - Kids Clubs
At 6:30 to 7:30pm following the Wednesday Night Supper. Age 2 to 5th grade: Children age 2 through 5th grade will be led through The Biggest Story curriculum. These children will go on an exciting journey through the Bible, from the garden of Eden to the return of Christ. The children will be drawn into Scripture and better grasp its overarching message of redemption.
Westminster Memory Work
Every child age 2 through 5th grade is encouraged to participate in our revised Scripture memory program. Families will be given passages of Scripture to memorize and a hymn to learn together. In addition, children will be presented age-level memory work that includes catechism, creeds, and other helpful texts for the August to May Sunday School year. We will recognize each child and the memory work they completed in May at our spring choir and Scripture memory celebration service.
Our children's choir, Westminster Singers, is for children grades 1-7.
Visit our Music Ministry page for more information on opportunities for children to worship God in song.
- Young Voices at Westminster: Sunday December 10, 2023, 6:00pm
- Parents' Night Out: Saturday, February 10, 2024, 5:30pm
- Easter Egg Hunt: Saturday, March 30, 2024, 10:30am
- Memory Work Recognition / Spring Choir Service: Sunday May 5, 2024, 6:00pm
- Vacation Bible School: June 3-7, 2024, 10am - 1pm daily, lunch provided.